Thursday, March 16, 2017

Movin' Along! by Debbie Bagnato

Well, I am happy to tell you that my thesis website is beginning to look like a real website! There are sections that I have not done very much with as yet, but there are very definite plans for their future. As for the parts I am feeling excited about, my amazing group and Dr. Z's opinions/ suggestions/ capable help, will help me finish, polish and fix up. The only problem I recognize now is that I have ceased revising almost completely. When my group meets on Tuesday, we will read--probably--my last scene and after I complete the revisions on that (based on their feedback) there will not be very much left to revise on the actual piece. Instead, the About page and my Gallery entries--all of which pertain to the idea which prompted the writing of my thesis--will be the areas I must carefully revise. I still am rewriting, correcting and finding goof-ups I missed earlier, but my focus is directed more towards the entire website and its presentation as well as my representation of the entire thesis experience. The goal is to make it all inviting for people to read as well as enjoy the photos and the energy that inspired this work. I only hope that I am able to capture and express that honest emotion, laughter, pain, and caring in a simple, straightforward fashion. I will be free-writing a little tonight in an effort to get some "stuff" on paper; hopefully a starting point will be found and a direction that will fulfill my hopes.
Of late I am not finding the writing as easily as other times; perhaps my creative brain is aware that time is running short? My other piece is also moving slowly now but baby steps are better then none at all (I hope)...Any-hoo, the website which seemed so utterly impossible is becoming a reality--slowly but it will be done and that is very exciting for this not-so-computer-savvy-as-my-younger-classmates lady. The Creative Commons license is not chosen yet as I want to go over this with Dr. Z. There are several choices, but in my case, the one I think is more appropriate is not "free" while the less desirable one is. However, the site provides either one (it seems) and there is no fee required. In my confusion, I decided to check with the Doc before I make the wrong choice.

The other place I need advice is the addition of my blogs; should I simply provide a link to my entire thesis blog on Blogger? I imagine that makes the most sense, but again, will run this query by the Doc and group on Tuesday afternoon. My About page will probably be completed last; I think I need to write all the background info amidst the photos in my Gallery pages. Once I have that accomplished, I can focus on the smaller section "About" which will include some of my information. I would like to make this somewhat more personal than a simple bio piece, so hope to use the feeling set with the Gallery background information and continue--or actually begin--that conversation. The About page precedes the Gallery, so I might be working backwards--which is often a delightful way to go. Either way, I am babbling and need to be free-writing to get this in motion. Hope everyone is moving along with their projects and enjoying the ride; cannot wait to see everyone's remarkable work!

No comments:

Post a Comment