Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Revisions, Revisions, Revisions...


Well, I imagine the title explains what I've been doing all week! And yes, I am (again) almost all done; naturally, I want and need the feedback of my group as well as the luxury of hearing some parts aloud to truly be finished. BUT, in the big scheme of things, I am beginning to feel like I have a finished product close at hand. My website is starting to look like a real entity, and I am almost ready to put the scenes--all six of them--on said website in their respective homes. And no fear, they are all next-door neighbors. I do need a few more photos for my character list--hoping they don't get camera-shy and run for the hills as I want their actual faces to place in the spots I have open and waiting for them. Also, I held off on my About page as I need to really give that more thought; I would like to write something about myself, as the author of this lunacy. But, I would also feel it necessary to mention the place I work which prompted the unusual adaptation I chose to write for my thesis project. The role of women, and minorities in my workplace--as well as the general acceptance of this mentality--together provided my impetus for writing this piece. Because it is such a commonplace attitude in blue-collar labor, for certain people to project authority (and automatically receive respect) while other equally competent employees become (or remain) the solid, reliable workhorses, humor is generally the best, if not the only way to get through any "work day."
It is an equally effective tool for re-imagining Aristophanes comical plea for peace between Athens and Sparta into a plea for a non-stress-filled work environment where women and minorities can--and do--know how to effectively take charge. Now, all that I just sputtered about needs to be worded cleverly--but with some punch and then included in my "About" page; I need to put on my smart hat and get that down on paper very soon...In the meantime, I may start putting the scenes I am pretty solid with into their new homes. That way I can see how they look and if they will need any tweaking after they move in. I am still finding weirdness I missed while proofreading before, and will try to remedy all such things, but am rather enjoying my project as I try and build the website. It still makes my head hurt when I try to switch things that should be easier to do, but I am getting more used to the Wix system--limitations and oddities included. Most importantly, I feel more confident when I am trying to move things around on there and for me, that is priceless. So, for now, that's all guys. Hope everyone is getting lots done on their projects and cannot wait to see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment