Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Almost Home! by Debbie Bagnato

This past week, I have cleaned up a few quirky spots, changed some photos in my Gallery, added, changed, or re-created a couple of lines I wasn't crazy about but mostly, I just fixed little clunky things I caught. Some were in the writing but more were on the website--Martha is on point about the strange animal of editing on one's website instead of any other way. But, I am actually feeling alright about this; in truth, I am very glad that I completed the writing when the situation and the people in my store were similar to their depictions in my play. Most of my "real" cast has been transferred or fired. My own position is being tampered with (again) making my open perception of the setting (my workplace) less complimentary. And I am being very kind. But, that is the nature of the beast and exactly why I chose this setting for a group of modern-day women who choose to fight back. If only Aristophanes method would actually work at store level as it does in my play...
Nonetheless, I am feeling almost ready to complete this thesis and hit that little button that says :"publish." ALMOST! But not quite yet--I will feel better after I meet with my peeps tomorrow and talk with Dr. Z; then I will have a clearer sense of what I need to do next. So hope everyone is doing super and cannot wait until we get to see each other and our work at the Symposium! Ciao for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment